A fire destroyed the home of the Donald Wilson family at 600 East Walnut Street last Wednesday morning, Nov. 20.
According to Fire Chief Lynn Howard, no one was at home at the time.
Firefighters were summoned to the home at 8:32 a.m. and arrived five minutes later to find heavy smoke coming from the eaves.
“We were able to get the fire knocked down pretty quickly,” said the chief. “It was pretty evident that the fire began in the bathroom. That is where most of the severe damage is.”
The investigation is continuing but the fire was an accident not intentionally set, said Howard.
Firefighters remained on the scene until 12:24 p.m. Jennings Township Fire Department from Austin assisted at the scene.