Two holiday baking favorites— Honey and Cinnamon— may be just what the doctor ordered in a pleasant tasting preventative.
According to the Canadian Weekly World News the spice and natural sweetener has a number of other uses.
- For a holistic approach to heart diseases, make a paste of honey and cinnamon, apply on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack.
- Arthritis patients may take twice daily tonic of a cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder can relive and sometime eliminate pain.
- For bladder infections take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.
Have high cholesterol? 2 tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon mixed in 16 ounces of hot or iced tea was found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. If taken three times a day, chronic cholesterol is cured.
- Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon daily for three days. This process will soothe most chronic cough, cold, and clears the sinuses.
- Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache.
- According to studies done in India and Japan, if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.
- Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood cells to fight bacteria and viral diseases.
- Tea made with honey and cinnamon, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Take four tablespoons of honey, one tablespoon of cinnamon powder, three cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age.
- Feeling fatigued? Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts, are more alert and flexible. Half a tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily morning and mid-afternoon increases the vitality of the body within a week.
Now I do not mean to be practicing medicine by passing along dietary advice, but cinnamon and honey do taste good together. And if they help heal and prolong the body and mind…like it is said of chicken soup…it couldn’t hurt.