If you are young enough to think that CD’s were the original form of music for home listening, you won’t understand any of this column. For the rest of you, take a 60-something meander.
1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, “Who was that masked man?” Invariably, someone would answer, “I don’t know, but he left this behind.” What did he leave behind?
2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on what show.
3. “Get your kicks, _______.”
4. “The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _____.”
5. “In the jungle, the mighty jungle, _____.”
6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we ‘danced’ under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the ‘____.’
7. Nestle’s makes the very best …_____.
8. Satchmo was America ‘s “Ambassador of Goodwill.” Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was ________.
9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking?
10. Vincennes native Red Skeleton always ended his television show by saying, “Good Night, and __ ____”.
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their ______.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ &_______________.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, “the day the music died.” This was a tribute to _______.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50’s and 60’s was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the ______.
16. Hey Kids! What time is it? It’s__ __ ___!
1. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
2. The Ed Sullivan Show
3. On Route 66
4. To protect the innocent.
5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
6. The limbo
8. Louis Armstrong
9. The Timex watch
10. ‘Good Night and God Bless.’
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
16. Howdy Doody Time